Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sad News ...

... Robert Sherman died yesterday in London at age 86. Many people might not know his name but I think everyone knows atleast one of the songs he and his brother Richard Sherman, wrote for Disney.

Generations grew up with those songs, those old Disney Songs who made us laugh ... cry .. and dream. Robert and Richard wrote over 150 songs for Disney, including the songs of "The Jungle Book", "Winnie-the-Pooh", "The Aristocats" and "Mary Poppins"

Just a few month ago, I got the great opportunity to be attend a very small private Concert of Richard. Who performed a few of their songs for us on the piano at CTN in Burbank.

Here is a video of Richard performing my favourite song "Feed the Birds" at CTN





Robert will live on in those beautifull songs ... he will be remembered by many generations .. existing and upcomming. He will always be a part of this Word and a great influence and inspiration for many people on it.

1 Kommentare:

Behzad Hosseinzade said...

hi
I want to show at you my work.
please,you look at my work from week3 of mentor Class and say me problem in my works.
i am looking your websyte. i think your works are very nice.
good luck
www.b-3d.net